Monday, September 17, 2007

The First Thing Kathy Griffin Has Done That I Enjoyed

Now I'm not normally a Kathy Griffin fan; I find her campy and not very funny. But I enjoyed her speech at the Emmy Awards, even if it was cut from the aired version of the show. If you want to watch it, go here.

Here's what she said: ''A lot of people get up here and thank Jesus for helping them win this award, but I have to say nobody has been less helpful in getting me to this moment than Jesus. I don't know what I ever did to him, I just think he doesn't like me that much, and if he had his way, Caesar Milan would be holding this statue right now, but he's not and I am! So I guess all I can really say is, 'Suck it, Jesus! This statue is my God now!'''

Evidently the Catholic League (whoever those fuckers are) didn't like it. They wanted an apology. Fuck them. If the Academy apologizes for this they should also apologize to all the atheists who have to listen to the blathering idiots who thank Jeebus all the time.

No comments: