Friday, May 30, 2008

At First This Seems Ridiculous But...

The Panties for Peace campaign was launched by a group of women peace activists from a Burmese peace activist group called - Lanna Action for Burma which is based in Thailand. Since we initiated the panties for peace campaign for Burma, women’s panties (as well as male underwear) have been mailed out by activists to Burma’s foreign missions in Australia, Singapore, and European countries.

So far, sounds a bit nuts, right? But if you read on you will find this:

One of the main reasons for which we are encouraging people to send out their panties to Burma’s foreign missions is because the generals ruling Myanmar are superstitious and they believe that touching panties or the traditional women’s outfit sarong will eliminate their powers.

OK, maybe it still sounds a bit nuts, but I enjoy skewering superstitions, so I had to blog about it. And if you don't have any panties to contribute to the effort, might I suggest that you visit Knicker Picker! But be warned, if you visit Knicker Picker you might waste a lot of valuable time making those models try on various undergarments...

6 comments:

BAWDYSCOT said...

I don't know about you guys but I have the time to waste, don't work on Fridays. Man, I love the Internet.

As far as the Burmese leaders, don't you think they would have someone else open their mail? They seem a suspicious lot. Or was this a way to sneak in the "Knicker Picker".

csm said...

Well, I might've been looking for an angle to post about Knicker Picker without appearing to be an old pervert... but I guess you found me out Bawdy!

BAWDYSCOT said...

It takes an old pervert to know an old pervert.

coreydbarbarian said...

i thought you guys might enjoy this.
it seems barack just got another endorsment. besides bob dylan.

csm said...

I think my favorite part of that linked article, Corey, is the phrase "...outside an Applebees..."

Where else, huh?

coreydbarbarian said...

well, yeah, doesn't everything happen there? ;)