Here are some things I'd do if I were king:
(1) Decree that the highest salary paid in any company doing business in the USA could not be any more than 25x the lowest salary. So if the lowest paid employee earns $20,000, then the highest paid employee could not earn more than $500,000 in salary. I'd impose similar rules on stock options and perks.
(2) Decree that basic health care should be treated as a right, and not something that can be withheld from the poor and needy. And then institute the infrastructure to make it so.
(3) Decree that the USA is not now, nor has it ever been, a christian nation.
(4) Decree that the USA is out of the world policeman business and redirect our obscene military spending toward programs to reduce poverty and ween the nation of the oil-spewing teet to which we are clinging like a starving infant.
(5) Decree that filibusters must actually be filibusters... that is, if you want to filibuster, then you have to get up there and talk. And when you have to go to the bathroom or leave the podium, filibuster over.
(6) Then I'd abdicate and call for elections.